Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Spin Day - Tuesday Sept 16.

Today was indoor T3 spin. I hadn't done my core at home in the am, so I also did the 1/2 hour core workout before the spin. Their core workout is non-stop for 20-30 mins... when the studs in the class were asking for a break, I didn't feel too bad. Most of the exercises I've done at home, and the harder versions of a lot of them, so the exercises were that bad. The one I skipped was a lunge, then switch legs by jumping up.... too much of a knee strain.
We started the spin on time. I was right behind Laura, and Shawnda, so we chatted before the ride. I was next to Tom, who is a tall guy, but rides the same size bike I do. Tom likes to talk a lot, and joke around. But once we got started with the ride, everyone was all business today. Maybe it was because it was sooooo cool in the Performance Training Center (PTC). And because of the cool environment, the workout went fairly easy.
I went through one bottle of gatorade, and two bottles of water, and one candy bar. I took one electrolyte before the workout, and had no issues with cramping.
After the workout, I stretched for about 20 minutes. Maurice was supposed to talk about Winter training, but since most of the athletes were doing a half ironman in the next 2 months, he decided to just cover getting ready for your next race.
I left the bike at PTC for a Thursday morning workout.

No comments: