Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Double Workout Day - Wednesday Sept 17.

The AM today was a Swim in Barton Springs. The morning weather was cool, low 60s, so I brought my wetsuit just in case.
I got a late start, and left the house about 6:20am. Got to Barton Springs, and to my starting area. I looked at the people swimming, and although it was cold, no one had a wet suit on. So, I put on my cap and goggles and waded into the pool. The constant temp of 67 degrees, felt really cold, and it takes me a while to get used to it. Even after I get my body wet, then my head, I still take about a lap, to heat up, and get my breathing under control.
First lap was warmup, then did 3 laps, or about 1200 m without stopping. The sun came up somtime around the second lap. One lap cool down, for 2000m. I was running late, and had to get home to get to a work meeting, so I cut the workout a little short.
One or two more swims, without a wetsuit, prior to Longhorn.

No comments: