Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hills are not my friend --- Wednesday 9/10

I am behind on my blogs, (and being reminded of it), so it's catchup time. Wedneday workout was a Northwest Hills run in the morning. Its a 5 or 6 mile loop, with the hills I had trouble with during my half marathon training. I've had trouble breathing, and haven't been running many miles lately, so this was a good test.
I was determined to keep it slow and steady. The first mile plus is flat or downhill. Good warmup, then the hills on Tallwood. So far so good. Another downhill to I35 frontage before the climb on Steck. As I head up Steck, I walk parts of the hills. Same when I get to hills on Adirondack. So running part way and walking. The problem was tired legs.
I was glad to finish, and the workout was good, but I have a long way to go. The Longhorn is all hills, and thats after my swim and bike.

No comments: